Optimizing Content Management Systems – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
- Is your content management system killing your sales?
- Why shouldn’t your web designer handle your SEO?
- Is your web design company holding your website hostage with an obsolete CMS?
Does Your Current CMS Cripple Your SEO Performance?
The vast majority of web designers maximize their profits and minimize the work of building websites by using prefabricated templates and Content Management Systems or CMS. Unfortunately, many of these CMS programs make it impossible to implement truly effective SEO and prevent those websites from getting top Google placement. Was your current website designed with a CMS? If it has these features, the answer is yes:
- Your website has a shopping cart system for selling products.
- Your website allows users to log in or search for content.
- You can make changes to your website through a control panel.
- Your website has a blog and lets you publish new articles yourself.
There are dozens of CMS programs available to web designers. Most of them were designed as long as 10-15 years ago, before search engines like Google developed their complex web-crawling tools and ranking algorithms. They are even more proprietary CMS systems developed by web development companies. Most of these systems haven’t been updated for years. Websites that were built with these outdated systems simply can’t be understood by Google, Bing and Yahoo. Optimizing such websites to obtain top rankings is impossible. At Site Revamp, our websites are designed and optimized for top search engine rankings, using the most popular platform – WordPress. We build every website for maximum compatibility to meet the latest standards.
What Your Web Design Company Doesn’t Want You to Know
Is your website failing to perform? Is it bringing the new leads and customers you need to grow and thrive? Is it living up to the promises made to you by your current web design company? Here’s what your web designer didn’t tell you:
Your Web Designer Is Clueless about SEO
Website design and search engine optimization are completely different specialties. Web designers work to satisfy your taste, using pretty pictures to impress you. Most often, they are built using prefabricated templates that are visually appealing and use CMS software that is designed to reduce the time needed for development. Any optimization they provide relies on methods that are now rejected by search engines and lead to poor rankings and little traffic. Every website we build is specifically designed and hand-coded for outstanding SEO performance. Our clean, user-friendly designs are optimized to get top rankings quickly and effectively convert visitors into leads and sales.
Is Your Web Designer Holding Your Website Hostage?
Proprietary CMS systems used by many web design companies don’t allow changes by third parties. If you are dissatisfied with the performance you get, you’re locked into returning to the company that built it for any changes, modifications or updates. If you decide to hire someone new, the new web designer will have to start from scratch and build an entirely one. That’s a costly proposition, but often the only way to see improvement. This is one way some web design companies ensure that they keep your business, even if you want to opt out. At Site Revamp, we use WordPress, the most popular open-source platform. It is widely used for web development. If you’re ever unhappy with our service, you’re not locked into a long-term contract with us or stuck with a proprietary system.
Web Designers Often Keep Using Obsolete CMS Software
CMS software is complex and has a steep learning curve. It takes a long time to gain experience with any such system. What that means is that if a web designer started to develop websites with a CMS that doesn’t allow implementation of SEO, they are unwilling to take the time needed to switch to a new system. So, many established web design companies are still using outdated systems, rather than newer ones, such as WordPress, for better search engine optimization performance. Examples of such obsolete systems are:
- ColdFusion – Websites built with this ColdFusion have page URL ending with “.cmf.” While ColdFusion’s popularity ended years ago, some designers still stick with this obsolete software.
- Java Server-Based CMS – Now obsolete, sites built with this system have URLs ending with “.jsp.” Hard to maintain and support, these websites must be completely revamped to be optimized.
- ASP.NET or ASP – If links on your site end with “.asp or .aspx” your CMS is probably custom-built or proprietary. Although some such ASP designs can have some SEO features, maintaining and upgrading such websites is costly and complex.
Modern Web Design Must Meet the Latest Search Engine Standards
When you hire an SEO web design company, your website needs to be designed using a Content Management System that puts search engine optimization at the top of the priority list. Not only are these systems available for free, their open design means that you are never locked into using the original web designer. They are among the most popular web development environments, so you can select the best possible design or SEO company if you make a change.
- WordPress – This popular CMS is widely used for small business websites, and produces fast-loading sites with outstanding SEO features and very good responsive design capabilities for mobile devices. Many of the business websites we build are WordPress-based.
- Joomla – Widely used for small to midsize websites, Joomla offers excellent built-in SEO functionality. It is very flexible and can support e-commerce shopping websites.
- Drupal – For complex and very large websites, Drupal is the most powerful CMS software available. It has superb SEO capabilities and can build highly complicated websites. It is relatively complex to use and support, so it is less often used for typical small business websites.
WordPress Optimization Services – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
Before hiring any web design company or when considering changes to your website, we recommend contacting a professional SEO consultant first. Since search engine rankings are the most important factor in your site’s ability to attract visitors, the wrong choice of the CMS used in its design can be costly, indeed. Our outstanding reputation for high-performance website designs is based on choosing development tools that allow powerful optimization to deliver top first page rankings for our customers. We encourage you to contact us soon for an evaluation of your current website. We’ll analyze its SEO performance and discuss ways we can help you get the outstanding Google rankings you need. There is no charge for this analysis and report. We’ll also show you the powerful rankings and performance our satisfied clients enjoy and give you a competitive price quote for a range of proposals.